1 John 4
- Journal & Pray. Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Read & Reflect
1 John 4:9-12
- What is one way of showing God to the world (v.12)?
1 John 4:1-18
- Note the statements in this chapter that declare why Jesus came into the world (vv. 2, 9-10, 14) and let my heart dwell (“abide”) on these truths.1 John 4:17-18“This is with a view to confidence on the day of judgment, and confidence on that day is the ultimate in confidence. In this world we are like him: we are children of the Father and Jesus is our model. The world did not welcome Christ and it does not welcome Christ’s people. But on the day of judgment the Judge will understand all.” 
- What is the basis of my “confidence for the day of judgment”?
- Reflect on v. 18. What fears does the love of God cast out of my life?
1 John 4:19-21
- What are some ways that the love of God has caused me to love others?
 6 Morris, L. L. (1994). 1 John. In D. A. Carson, R. T. France, J. A. Motyer, & G. J. Wenham (Eds.), New Bible commentary: 21st century edition (4th ed., p. 1407). Leicester, England; Downers Grove, IL: Inter-Varsity Press.