Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
- Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Bible Text: Romans 10:1-4 (ESV)
1 Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
- If the Jews commendably had a “zeal for God” with insufficient knowledge, how much more is it appropriate for me to have zeal for God with the full knowledge of God’s grace and salvation plan?
- Reflect on the words used to describe the Israelites—“seeking to establish their own” and “did not submit.” What is the relationship between will-power driven efforts to establish my own righteousness and a refusal to submit to God’s way of grace? How can I guard myself against this?