Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
- Here are some tools to help you with the devotional journal:
Bible Text: Romans 12:4-8 (ESV)
4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
- Reflect on the phrases “do not all have the same function,” “individually members one of another,” and “having gifts that differ.” Have I accepted these truths, or is there some degree of resistance to the way these truths work out in my life?
- Among the gifts listed, which gift do I possess? Have I been a good steward of these gifts?
- What is the significance that those who have the gift of doing “acts of mercy” are urged to do it with cheerfulness?
 Life Application Study Bible, NIV Edition. (Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. & Zondervan, 1984). p.2050.