Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
- Here are some tools to help you with the devotional journal:
Romans 13 Commentary
Bible Text: Romans 13:11-14 (ESV)
11 Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. 12 The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.
- Reflect on v. 11. Why is it important to “know the time?” Are there things causing me to “sleep”?
- What are the “works of darkness” that I need to “cast off?”
- What practical step is being urged in the words: “make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires?” How can I specifically carry out this advice regarding my thought life?
- What does it mean to “put on the Lord Jesus Christ,” and how can I specifically carry out this exhortation in my life?