Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
- Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Bible Text: Romans 6:8-14 (ESV)
8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. 14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
Reflection Questions: Romans 6:8-14
- Reflect on the words “consider yourselves dead to sin,” “let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body” “do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness.” How is this true of my life?
- In contrast, how have I experienced being “alive to God in Christ Jesus”? In what ways have I been able to offer myself to God as an instrument for righteousness?