Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 13:24-27
24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.”
Questions to help us go deeper
- The Bible does not give an exact timetable for when Jesus will return; we only know that it is after the tribulation of the temple destruction. In what ways does knowing we are in an in-between period change my focus and priorities?
- How does knowledge of Jesus’ second return enable Christians to endure afflictions and tribulation?