Part 4) Follow: Life of Obedience
“The call of Jesus is the call to come and die” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation, or event.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Bible Text: 1 John 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world— the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
- Why would the love of the Father not be in me if I love the world?
- John says the world is full of “the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life.” How is this true for myself and others?
- How should I live my life in light of the reality that “the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever”?