Read & Reflect
Philippians 2:1–11 (ESV)
1 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Reflect on the attitude of Christ Jesus in descending. In what ways do I grasp for power and status? In what ways have I imitated Jesus in his humility, love, and sacrifice?
- Is there anything in heaven and on earth that is worthy of my worship, other than Jesus Christ?
- Take some time to offer worship and acknowledgement to Jesus for his humility and love in coming to die for my sins.
- Gratitude Journal & Prayer of Thanksgiving
- Write down three things that you are thankful for.
 Darrell L. Bock, Luke, The NIV Application Commentary Series (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1996), 86.