Part 3) Connect: Spiritual Practices
Basic spiritual disciplines have been utilized throughout history to foster our relationship with God
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation, or event.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Psalm 119:11, 105
11 I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you. […]
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path…
- How have I experienced God’s Word to be living and active, discerning and judging my thoughts and intentions?
- How have I experienced God’s Word as a lamp that guides my life and helps me avoid sin?
Take time to memorize some of these verses.