JOHN 17:1-5 (ESV)
1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.
- What “authority over all flesh” has Jesus been granted?
- What is my view towards Jesus’ authority over my life? What is the implication of rejecting Jesus’ authority?
- Notice Jesus’ definition of eternal life. What are some wrong notions of “eternal life” that people hold?
- In what ways can I pursue eternal life today?
John 17:1, 4-5
- What brings God glory?
- What specific work do I need to carry out on earth to bring God glory?