John 17:20-23 (ESV)
20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
- According to this passage, what is the basis and motivation for Christian unity?
- What is the relationship between oneness with God and oneness with the people of God?
- How does Christian unity show the world the reality of Christ’s incarnation (cf. Acts 2:44-47)?
- Am I experiencing this kind of oneness with the people of God? If not, what may be the reason?
- How does Jesus’ final prayer for his disciples show me what my priority should be?