Mark 10- 2020-11-03
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text:
13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” 16 And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.
Questions to help us go deeper
- Why do you think the disciples rebuked those who brought children to Jesus?
- Given what Jesus corrected the disciples about earlier (9:36-37), are there ways I am similar to the disciples, slow to learn and requiring correction?
- What might be some child-like qualities that Jesus is saying we need in order to receive the kingdom of God?
- Are there people I might be overtly or inadvertently hindering from entering the kingdom of God?