Mark 10- 2020-11-06
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 10:32-34
32 And they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was walking ahead of them. And they were amazed, and those who followed were afraid. And taking the twelve again, he began to tell them what was to happen to him, 33 saying, “See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death and deliver him over to the Gentiles. 34 And they will mock him and spit on him, and flog him and kill him. And after three days he will rise.”
Questions to help us go deeper
- What does Jesus tell his disciples yet again regarding what will happen to him in Jerusalem? What can I learn from the fact that Jesus led the way, “walking ahead of them”?
- What is the explanation for why Jesus would keep going towards, and not away, from the suffering and death awaiting him in Jerusalem? What implications are there for me as a follower of Christ?