Mark 12- 2020-11-25
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text:
41 And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. 42 And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. 43 And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. 44 For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”
Questions to help us go deeper
- Imagine how the rich people felt as they put “large sums” in the treasury, and imagine how the widow felt as she gave her small coins.
- How is it that, according to Jesus, the widow gave more? What does this say about what Jesus values, and how does this contrast with the world’s values?
- Examine my own giving of money, time, service. Can I relate more with the rich people or with the widow?