Mark 13- 2020-12-01
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 13:28-31
28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
Questions to help us go deeper
- Contrast the impressive temple (13:1-2) with Jesus’ words that “will not pass away.” In what ways do I trust in the permanence of objects, possessions, achievements more than the eternal God and his words?
- Reflect on the fact that God’s words will not pass away, and what that means for my life.