Mark 14- 2020-12-07
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 14:12-16
12 And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb, his disciples said to him, “Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the Passover?” 13 And he sent two of his disciples and said to them, “Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him, 14 and wherever he enters, say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says, Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 15 And he will show you a large upper room furnished and ready; there prepare for us.” 16 And the disciples set out and went to the city and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover.
Questions to help us go deeper
- Over 250,000 lambs were said to be slaughtered in the temple during Passover. Imagine the amount of blood that would be sprinkled at the base of the altar. What does this signify about sin?
- For Passover purposes, a perfect, unblemished lamb had to be offered as the sacrifice. Reflect on the significance of Jesus being our Passover lamb.
- What can I learn from the responses of the disciples and the master of the house to Jesus’ commands?