Mark 14- 2020-12-08
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 14:17-21
17 And when it was evening, he came with the twelve. 18 And as they were reclining at table and eating, Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me, one who is eating with me.” 19 They began to be sorrowful and to say to him one after another, “Is it I?”20 He said to them, “It is one of the twelve, one who is dipping bread into the dish with me. 21 For the Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.”
Questions to help us go deeper
- With only a few hours left to live, whom does Jesus focus on during the last supper? What does this reveal about Jesus’ heart?
- What is Judas like? Though the very Son of God pleads with Judas to repent, he refuses. Are there ways I am like Judas? How do I respond to different pleas in my life to repent?