Mark 15- 2020-12-17
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 15:1-5
1 And as soon as it was morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council. And they bound Jesus and led him away and delivered him over to Pilate. 2 And Pilate asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” And he answered him, “You have said so.” 3 And the chief priests accused him of many things. 4 And Pilate again asked him, “Have you no answer to make? See how many charges they bring against you.” 5 But Jesus made no further answer, so that Pilate was amazed.
Questions to help us go deeper
- The chief priests bound Jesus, even though he had not fought back verbally, much less physically, and charged him with claiming to be the “King of the Jews.” What can I learn about the chief priests from how they brought Jesus to Pilate, the Roman governor?
- Why might Pilate have been amazed by Jesus’ silence?
- Reflect upon Jesus’ silence in contrast to my many words, spoken aloud and murmured inwardly. In what specific situations or relationships can I strive to be more like Jesus rather than be quick to justify myself?