Mark 16- 2020-12-28
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text:
9 [[Now when he rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him, as they mourned and wept. 11 But when they heard that he was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it.
12 After these things he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. 13 And they went back and told the rest, they did not believe them.
* Some of the earliest manuscripts do not include 16:9–20.
Questions to help us go deeper
- What do the angel’s words confirm?
- Reflect on the significance of women being the first witnesses of Jesus’ empty tomb and first recipients of the message of his resurrection. Notice that they were also witnesses of Jesus’ crucifixion (15:40-41) and burial (15:47).