Mark 16- 2020-12-29
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text:
14 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]
Questions to help us go deeper
- Jesus finally appears to the eleven, and rebukes them. How might Jesus rebuke me for “unbelief and hardness of heart”? How is the reality of the resurrection evidenced in my life decisions and actions?
- After this rebuke, Jesus commissions them to preach the gospel to the whole world. Consider how the disciples might have felt to receive such a commission. What does this reveal about God?
- Notice that the “Lord worked with them” as they preached everywhere. How does this strengthen me as I seek to obey Jesus’ gospel commission?