Mark 3- 2020-09-08
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 3:31-35
31 And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. 32 And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.” 33 And he answered them, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” 34 And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.”
The gospel of Mark opens with these words:
Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
And Jesus’ first message to the world was:
Mark 1:15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
Please choose from one or more of the prompts below to reflect over and apply today’s text.
- What do I need to repent of?
- What false beliefs do I need to reject?
- What do I need to believe?
- How is the gospel good news for me?
- What does this text reveal about Jesus?
- What does this text reveal about me?