Mark 6- 2020-09-28
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 6:7-13
7 And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. 8 He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff—no bread, no bag, no money in their belts— 9 but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics. 10 And he said to them, “Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you depart from there. 11 And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.” 12 So they went out and proclaimed that people should repent. 13 And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them.
The gospel of Mark opens with these words:
Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
And Jesus’ first message to the world was:
Mark 1:15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
Please choose from one or more of the prompts below to reflect over and apply today’s text.
- What do I need to repent of?
- What false beliefs do I need to reject?
- What do I need to believe?
- How is the gospel good news for me?
- What does this text reveal about Jesus?
- What does this text reveal about me?