Mark 9- 2020-10-27
Please use one of the prompts below to get your journaling started.
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation or event.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
- Bible Text: Mark 9:30-32
30 They went on from there and passed through Galilee. And he did not want anyone to know, 31 for he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him. And when he is killed, after three days he will rise.” 32 But they did not understand the saying, and were afraid to ask him.
Questions to help us go deeper
- What does Jesus repeatedly teach his disciples? What does this reveal about the core of Jesus’ life and the message of Christianity?
- What might be some possible reasons the disciples were afraid to ask Jesus even though they didn’t understand? What questions about Christian life do I need courage to ask and wrestle with?