Part 3) Connect: Spiritual Practices
Basic spiritual disciplines have been utilized throughout history to foster our relationship with God
- Explore your fears and what’s behind them.
- Write about a relational conflict you are experiencing.
- Recall a significant reaction, conversation, or event.
- List out all that you are grateful for.
Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Bible Text: Matthew 6:9-15
9 Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- How would addressing God as “Our Father” affect the way I approach Him, and the way I see other people?
- What would it look like for God’s kingdom to come on earth? Take some time to pray for God’s kingdom to come in different areas of our world.
- What are the different needs that Jesus teaches us to bring to God? Take some time to pray for your needs and the needs of others.