- Journal & Pray. Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Read & Reflect
- REVELATION 1:3
- Note the blessings in v. 3. How does this apply to me?
- REVELATION 1:4-8, 18
- How is Jesus described in this passage?
- How are Christians described in this passage?
- REVELATION 1:12-13“One of Revelation’s most important declarations is that Jesus appears among the lamp stands (1:12; 2:1), which represent the seven churches (1:20) […] the church is pictured as having a mission, to be the bearer of God’s light to the nations (cf. Matt. 5:14-16). The church is not abandoned to carry out this mission alone; Christ walks among the lamp stands.” 
- What may be some steps I can confidently take knowing that Christ has not abandoned the church to carry out the daunting mission alone?
 M. Eugene Boring, Revelation, Interpretation, a Bible commentary for teaching and preaching (Louisville, KT: John Knox Press, 1989), 85.