- Journal & Pray. Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Read & Reflect
- REVELATION 2:2-7
- What are the three things that Jesus tells the Ephesians, who lost their first love, to do?
- What do I remember of the heights of my devotion to Jesus? What are the things I “did at first” that I need to repeat again and again to remain in the love I had at first?
- REVELATION 2:8-11
- What did Jesus exhort the Smyrnans to do in the face of suffering?
- How can I apply the exhortation to “be faithful unto death” in the context of my Christian life?
- REVELATION 2:12-17
- “As the center for four idolatrous cults (Zeus, Dionysius, Asclepius, and Athene), Pergamum was called the city ‘where Satan has his throne’” 
- What would it have taken for the church of Pergamum to remain true in this kind of environment?
- REVELATION 2:17
- “And what shall we take this secrecy to mean? Surely, that each of the redeemed shall forever know and praise some one aspect of the Divine beauty better than any other creature can. Why else were individuals created, but that God, loving all infinitely, should love each differently? And this difference, so far from impairing, floods with meaning the love of all blessed creatures for one another, the communion of the saints. If all experienced God in the same way and returned Him an identical worship, the song of the Church triumphant would have no symphony, it would be like an orchestra in which all the instruments played the same note.” 
- What is revealed about God from the fact that he will give me a “white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it”?
 Life Application Study Bible, study notes (Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers and Zondervan, 1991) 2245.
Lewis, C.S. Problem of Pain. New York: HarperCollins, 2009. Ch. 10, Location 1787. Kindle edition.