- Journal & Pray. Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Read & Reflect
- REVELATION 3:1-6
- Reflect on the difference between the Sardis church’s reputation and their true spiritual state. How can a church become this way?
- Is there some important aspect of my spiritual life, or of our church, that is aptly described by the words “strengthen what remains and is about to die”?
- REVELATION 3:7-13
- What is inspiring about the church in Philadelphia? In what way can I imitate this church?
- What do I need to “hold fast” to?
- REVELATION 3:14-22
- What does being “neither cold nor hot” in our deeds look like? Why is being lukewarm in our spiritual life so repulsive to God?
- “Laodicea was an extremely wealthy city known for its production of fine clothing and a special ointment known as ‘Phrygian powder’, famous for its cure of eye defects.” 
- Note the source of security expressed in v.17. What is the relationship between being wealthy and being spiritually lukewarm? What are the sources of a false sense of security in my life?
 The Expositor’s Bible Commentary, Note on Revelation 3:14