- Journal & Pray. Here are some tools to help you with the devotionals:
Read & Reflect
- REVELATION 5:1-4
- “The scroll, then, is not only about judgment or about the inheritance of the kingdom. Rather, it contains the announcement of the consummation of all history–how things will ultimately end for all people: judgment for the world and the final reward of the saints (11:18).” 
- What is the significance of John’s vision (and his tears) that “no one was found worthy to open the scroll”?
- REVELATION 5:5-6
- How does the elder’s description of who can open the scroll (v. 5) contrast with the vision of Jesus, which John sees immediately thereafter?
- What can I learn about the nature of true power from the fact that it was the slain Lamb who had the power to open the scrolls of heaven?
- REVELATION 5
- What are the words from this chapter that describe me?
- What was the response of the elders when Jesus took the scroll? How should I respond to the salvation that Jesus has given me?
 The Expositor’s Bible Commentary, Note on Revelation 5:1